3/15/2012

Day 39 : Being one day student in French class

March 15, 2012  Sunny @ Calgary

Danielle is a French teach in the high school, and she invited me to join her one class to get some new experience in Calgary.
There is no second answer from me. I'd like to go for sure.

Jasmin is Daniele's daughter, she drove me to school in the afternoon.


OMG, I don't understand French at all. 
I was so surprised about the students use laptops in the classes now. 
If I recalled my student memories, wow... around 14years ago, we used the notes only.

And good situation is they didn't go to internet, facebook, msn...etc. 
mmmm good students.

I took 2 French classes from Danielle.

She has many students from Asia.
I think there are many Chinese people in Calgary.

After 2 classes, Danielle showed me around the campus, and introduced other teachers to me.
One of teachers asked me '' How do you think about our school?''
I answered "In Taiwan, most of school have Taiwanese students only, not like in Canada, it's very international country."
She said '' Oh sure, There is no one wanna immigrate to Taiwan." (yeah, that's a point.)

Of course, Taiwan is too small, who wants to immigrate to Taiwan? 
Not a lot. 

In the school, I met a boy who is from Taiwan too. haha  interesting. 

Danielle told me, they just have 4 classes every day.
90mins per class, first one is from 8:30am to 10:00am (90mins) and continue second one from 10:00am to 11:30am (90mins), then lunch time from 11:30am to 12:10pm (40mins). 
Continuing the third class from 12:10pm to 13:40pm (90mins) and forth class is from 13:40pm to 15:10pm(90mins). So they finish the classes very early.

That's why the students have lots of time to learn others, do outdoor sports, join the associations. 





No comments:

Post a Comment