3/19/2012

Day 43 : Lake Louise -> Vancouver

March 19, 2012  Cloudy day

It was another long travel by taking the bus. I hate this, but I don't have choice.
 It took me another 15 hours. and I didn't fall asleep well.

When I transferred at Vancouver, I was thinking about my Whistler trip.
The fees of Whistler-hostel were more expensive than normal hostels.
If I want to snowboard there, I have to rent the equipment.
Those things would cost me lots of money in 2 days, around C$200 or more.

So I changed my plan again, I decided to stay in Vancouver longer.
Because I saw the map of VAN, it's such a big city ey.

And there is a cheap hostel is located beside the train station, C$20 per night.
It's not really good one, but it is cheap and convenient, and close to downtown.

C&N Backpackers Hostel - Vancouver

1038 Main Street

Vancouver, BC
Canada V6A 2W1
Phone: 604-681-9118 

International Toll-free: 
888-434-6060
I was so tired, so I didn't walk around today.



Those are some pictures of street views in Vancouver, near by Chinatown.



There was one thing was very surprising me.
I saw many homeless people in downtown/Chinatown in VAN.

And I heard from my friend who lives in Vancouver for a couple of months.
It's legal to have drug and weed in Vancouver, and the government give them free personal needle to protect them, and offer places for their staying.
er.....I don't like this. That's awful.

I don't think that would decrease the homeless population in VAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment